(03) 6224 6777 TheFirm@fablawyers.net.au


We can assist with your purchase or sale of real estate. We can also help you to give effect to a transfer of property pursuant to a family law agreement or as part of an estate matter.

Our staff aim to take the stress out of buying and selling property by keeping you fully informed at each step of the process. We offer an efficient, courteous, no fuss service at competitive rates.

We also offer advice about your contract for sale before you sign.

Mimi Chan

Mimi Chan

Associate/Registered Migration Agent


雙語律師: 英文/中文 (廣東話,普通话)

Mimi graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Music in 2012. She was admitted to the Supreme Court of Tasmania in 2015. Mimi currently practises in conveyancing and property law and she is one of Tasmania’s few Chinese speaking lawyers providing property law advice to new migrants. Mimi is also keen to assist in matters of public interest. She has previously volunteered in Washington DC, USA as a human rights intern at an international non-profit organisation assisting victims of human trafficking and volunteers at the Tasmanian Refugee Legal Service as a migration agent and serves on the board. In her spare time, Mimi enjoys playing the piano and violin.

Migration Agent Registration Number: 1683432

E: mimichan@fablawyers.net.au


FitzGerald and Browne Lawyers handled my late dad’s estate so it was an easy choice to engage them to do the conveyancing for the sale of his property.  I found them to be professional, helpful and friendly, and most importantly empathetic as this was an emotional time.   I would certainly recommend FitzGerald and Browne Lawyers if you are looking for down to earth, plain English legal advice and assistance.

Suzanne Davidson

We recently used FitzGerald and Browne for our conveyancing on the purchase of our property in Port Huon. We were thoroughly impressed with the level of expertise and professionalism demonstrated as well as the prompt responses to our many enquiries. We would definitely recommend FitzGerald and Browne to any persons contemplating purchasing property in Tasmania.

Jon and Sharon (Port Huon)

Frequently asked questions…

What is Conveyancing?

Conveyancing is the process of transferring legal ownership of property. Conveyancers ensure that the property is transferred free from unwanted encumbrances, like mortgages or caveats, and that there are no nasty surprises associated with the title of the property. We also arrange for registration of documents needed to effect the transfer of title.

Why do I need a lawyer?

You do not need a lawyer to complete the conveyancing process, but many people find completing the necessary documents and certificate of title searches confusing and stressful. Using a qualified conveyancing agent or solicitor can save you a lot of time and hassle as well as helping to ensure that you do not incur unnecessary fees and charges.

What happens at settlement?

Settlements generally involve the purchaser’s and seller’s solicitors or conveyancing agents meeting to exchange the necessary documents and funds to effect the transfer of the property. If there is a mortgage associated with the property then an agent from the bank normally attends settlement as well.

Do I need to attend settlement?

We will attend settlement on your behalf and let you know when settlement is complete.

How much does it cost?

Costs for conveyancing vary.
To obtain a cost estimate for your matter please call us on (03) 6224 6777.